Monday, April 11, 2016

A Day with the Best People


March 30, 2016--Our Moving Up ceremony was held as a day of joy which means we finally completed all the necessary requirements in Junior High School and we are now qualified for the Senior High School in the next school year.

Finally, all the hardships, stress, and sleepless nights have ended temporarily. For only four months, we have enough time to engage ourselves in different activities without thinking about school the next day. However, this also means that me and my friends won't be able to hang out with each other five times a week! So, to end the year happy and full of wonderful memories, my friend, Jamaila, thought of celebrating the end of the year with us and her family as well.

My mom was a bit hesitant at first when I told her that Jamaila invited me to celebrate with her in a resort two towns away from our town. One is, because the resort was too far; second, she was afraid of the negative possibilities that may happen. Thank God that finally she let me join this fun trip.

I have to admit that it is our first time to go to a resort together, all for of us--Kristine, Carmel, Jamaila, and I. And it was the best moment yet.

We arrived in the Marinas Farm Resort at about 9:30 in the morning. The resort was located in Sison, Pangasinan. It was my first time in this resort and I haven't visited a resort for a long time. And to our surprise, lots of people were here too. The thing is, I don't like in a resort with lots of people because you won't be able to swim freely in the pool due to the increase of occupied space. On the other hand, this is a good thing due to the large number of customers coming, meaning the resort is enjoyed by a lot of people.


A resort with eight pools, what will  you ask for?
You have more choices of pools to swam on. From 2 feet pool up to 8 feet! Moreover, I have to admit that it is my first time to see cottages with second floors. Yes, second floors! So, you can put some of your things in the second floor or take a rest first. It wasn't that high actually.



The water was cold. We first went to the four to five feet pool (because we never had the courage to risk our lives in the eight feet pool)



We swam for a while until, we decided to try the slide. For me, this is a NIGHTMARE. I am acrophobic (has fear of heights). I don't know how high the slide was but it really is high like 3-4 floors. Consider the fact that the stairs you're stepping to climb up is like only a sheet of iron and so narrow and steep. I was afraid back then that the stairs I'm stepping in might broke or something.

When I finally reached the top, I regret climbing up.Yes, it is indeed fun, but the thoughts of falling is the thing that scares me the most. The choice is, you'll go through the big slide or you'll risk going down the steep and narrow stairs--well, I chose to slide. It would be a waste of time and effort if I won't try this crazy thing.



After that, we went back to the cottage to get some snacks.. They bought Nutella and bread. I was so excited in eating Nutella to the point that I licked every Nutella that sticked to the spoon (I guess everybody does that).


We took a rest for a while and decided to visit the monkeys in the resort.

While we're on our way to get there, we took a picture with this nice hair-like things which I don't know what they are called which we thought was amazing.


I forgot their names. However, if I remember correctly, the female monkey's name was Maria and I forgot the name of the male one.


Of course, we took a picture with this awesome creature.


Then, we went back again swimming. Indeed, we explored the other pools of course. One funny moment was I jumped in the three and half feet pool and I bruised my knee, without thinking how shallow it is and how rough the floor is.

Lunch.
We ate a lot at lunch. Probably because (1) we were tired in swimming; (2) the food is so delicious (shout out to the barbecue, I ate like five sticks of it).

We didn't jump to the pool immediately after lunch thinking it would be bad for our tummies if we swam after we ate a heavy meal.

In the Marinas Farm Resort, they have Fish Spa which I have heard in the television before in other resorts but I haven't tried it yet. So we decided to try it for the very first time.


For only 50 pesos, you can have unlimited Fish Spa. I guess it is worth it. Beware to the people who can easily get tickled, the Fish Spa is ticklish af!

I have ticklish area in the soles of my feet so at first I shouted and laughed out loud. But when you get used to it for a while, it feels like someone's massaging your feet.


We spend for like an hour or two in the Fish Spa and finally decided to take a bath and pack up some things to get ready to go off.

We took a few last-minute pictures together before we went home.





It was an amazing trip. It may only be a day but the memories we spend together are what matters most.




All photos in this post are from J. Galvez. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
Minutiae © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.