Thursday, April 21, 2016

Moving Up

Moving Up
Indeed, the best OOTD is wearing your toga in the "Moving Up Ceremony," as what we 10th graders call it, and the smile that you wear on your face while receiving your awards. The best feeling is the feeling of succeeding a chapter in your life and saying, "I made it."

It was Wednesday, March 30, 2015, and I honestly didn't start my day quite happy and fulfilling. Well, I did but it was more of a tense and panicky morning for me. I was in charge of making the video tribute for our batch's throwback pictures, short video clips, and anything that reminds our journey together. Sadly, I haven't finish editing the video the night before so I rushed it in the morning. My mom had to wait for the video to export and me and my aunt had to go to school as soon as possible to start the program.

The usual program. The ceremony started with a Processional followed by the entrance of colors, doxology, and the singing of the National Anthem and the University Hymn.
I wouldn't talk much about the parts of the program but of course there are awarding of the honor students and other things like those who participated in extra-curricular activities and their awards and the awarding of the diploma as a sign of completion in the Junior years.



After the program we finally got the chance to take a class picture which took decades. We were all standing in front for like 30 minutes or so.



It was indeed a wonderful journey. My mom used to say that high school is the best part of all your school years. And it was indeed. It was so sad that four years of being together as a class ended in a single day. However, I believe that an end opens a door for a new beginning.





Most of us still continued to attend in the same school for the Senior High School, and some of us parted ways. I will definitely miss the day we said our first "Hellos" and the first hand shakes.

Moving up is a mixture of sadness and happiness. Sadness that I will miss all the memories we've shared during our Junior Years and happiness that we finally survived all the hardships that we've been through.
Let me quote a verse from our Moving Up song,
Knew there were somebody somewhere,
A new love in the dark
Now I know my dream will live on
I've been waiting so long
Nothing's gonna tear us apart


Kudos to us, batch 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
Minutiae © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.