Thursday, December 8, 2016

Home


It has been since I knew about the existence of summer, I spend my life with this place. This locale has surely something that keeps pulling me back that for every travel this place is my first and last destination. Maybe it’s because of the smell of the familiar scent of air; the warm ambiance that filled every space; or the sense of ownership and security. Every little thing is unlike any other.
The delicate aroma coming from the coffee maker, and the cheerful birds chirping from the outside of my window is a sign of a wonderful morning. It’s summer. I can tell by the striking rays of the sun towards my garden plants, and silent joy of every creature I gazed upon. I can’t reckon the countless people who tried to convince me to have an adventure in the woods, ride the highest waves of the ocean, or order a nice Margarita on a villa’s bartender. I reply with  a smile and never mind about their frivolous  talks because I had a better choice.

After I finished my morning routine, I checked my cash if I have enough left and I realized I never have to worry. To some, money is the anchorage of an almost-perfect summer vacation. Going to a place faraway demands expenses. But enjoying what a certain place can offer doesn't. Having insufficient fund is the worst nightmare when it comes to travelling. But the benefit of exploring different places isn't exclusive to the deep-pocketed people. You can always satisfy your vacation needs without thinking about expenses. In this place, money is nothing because it’s priceless.

Imagine staying in a place of sheer familiarity and intimacy. You instantly feel a connection with it as if it is a part of you and you are a part of it. You look around and you're instantly greeted with a friendly atmosphere. You can think of it as your safe haven and a place of freedom where you can just be yourself and not worrying too much about the prescriptive rules and regulations that just puts off the mood sometimes, like what other places require. Coziness and privacy were never a problem which is the key to ultimate relaxation. Good thing is, you can have any food of your choice plus the fact that the foods were homemade which makes it incomparable.

It was the tranquility of the atmosphere that leads me here. Noises were never considered a noise but a sublime symphony of happiness and comfort. Having the feeling of being free from worries is really the objective why we unwind. The idea of knowing you are surrounded by a welcoming neighborhood of pleasant and interesting people to keep you company during the time of break. Moreover, never forget the endless number of activities to do with your family to strengthen the bond between each other. A campfire maybe? Or gather the whole family in the sitting room for some stories and laughter? 


There are myriad of possibilities of making your vacation something to remember. It doesn’t have to be spent on the top of the Eiffel tower or dive within the deep Pacific. Travelling is not just about a person going to different places, it's a personal experience that lingers on someone's heart. It's a ritual wherein someone can be united with his surroundings, leave a piece of his heart in exchange for a feeling of serenity. Always remember that the key of having the best summer vacation is to make the most out of it. Make sure that the things that you are going to do during your vacation is something that you really want to do and something that you will enjoy and sprinkle it with awesome memories with the people you value most, may it be your family, friends, your boyfriend, or your pet.

"Summer vacation can be spent in your own home, a vacation that’s all worth it."



Co-authors: Pia Lopez, Allen Nidoy, Enjelaine Cabilatazan, Eugene Ballesteros, Jericho de Loyola, and Florence Ordono, Danica Regacho

Photo Credits: unsplash
Edited by yours truly

1 comment:

Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
Minutiae © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.