Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Favorite Drug Store Makeup Products

As soon as I was introduced in Makeup products, I was mesmerized of how it can significantly change not just your looks but also your confidence. It makes you look more presentable and fresh in a day-to-day basis. There are a lot of makeup products to choose from with different brands used varying purposes with great differences in terms of price. As a student, I am not only taking the performance of the products into consideration but the price of the product as well.

Drugstore makeup products are mostly very affordable. Hence, most of the makeup products I use are bought from the drugstore most of which is surprisingly effective and that I really love! Here's a list of my favorite Drug store makeup products:
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Price: P199 (stay tuned because Maybelline always have sales)

To be honest, I hated wearing foundation because it feels too heavy on my face. However, there are times when I really need to cover pimples or acne marks on my face therefore concealing these flaws is a must. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer makes the job done. 
It's easy to use and covers most of my face's imperfections with just one application which is great because I never have to apply a second layer of concealer. You can use a damp beauty sponge, stipling brush or your fingers to blend it. Plus, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer can also be used as an eyeshadow primer.

L'Oreal Paris True Match Blur Cream
Price: P400 (I got mine in a sale price of P300)

I never thought primer can be as important as it is. This primer blurs large pores on my face making application of foundation or concealer seemless. It makes my pores less vissible after applying makeup. For me, using a primer builds a layer between my bare skin and makeup and also helps the makeup to stay longer on my face.
The texture is different from other primers. It's not gel-like but more like a cream powder.

EB Advance Uncover 2 Eyeshadow Palette
Price: P395

Back then, I had a hard time looking for affordable yet beautiful eyeshadow palettes. Most palettes costs in a price range of P800+. My dream eyeshadow palette which is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette costs not less than P3000 on which is really out of my student budget.
Fortunately, Ever Bilena released this beautiful eyeshadow palette which consists of 12 colors inspired by colors of the sunset. It has colors great for setting the base, transition colors, mattes and shimmers. With this range of colors, you can create a lot of beautiful looks from natural to glam eyeshadow looks for a very cheap price. The colors are easy to blend and also easy to use.
If you don't have eyeshadow brushes yet, the palette comes with a dual ended brush which is usable but I suggest investing in eyeshadow brushes to create better and more looks.

I'll be posting a review or looks you can create with this palette soon on my blog!

Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara
Price: P199 (I got mine on sale for P149)

I haven't tried any other mascara other than this but all I can say is once I tried this one, I never looked for more. The Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara keeps my lashes curled throughout the day! And it is also perfect for us teenagers who sweat a lot or during the wet season because this mascara is waterproof and does not smudge.

B.T. LA Sculpt Trio
Price: P300

This palette consists of 3 shades: highlight, shape, and contour. I love the highlight of this because it looks pale white in the pan but when you apply it on the high points on your face, it has a sheen yellow/gold tone to it which blends well with my skin color. Moreover, the contour color is also pigmented which means that a slight dip of my brush can produce enough color for contouring.

I apologize for my ugly swatch. But this is what the colors look like both in indoor and outdoor lighting.
The only thing that I didn't like about this palette is the color provided for shaping the face. I never really used this color for the reason that it is slightly close to my skin tone and doesn't really do much in terms of shaping my face as indicated. All in all, I love this BT LA Sculpt Trio and can also fit in travel sixed makeup bags!

Covergirl Colorliciouos Lipstick
Price: P395

This Covergirl Colorlocious Lipstick in the shade 255 in tempting coffee is the perfect "my lips but better" shade for me. I really love using this lipstick especially if I'm aiming for a natural makeup look and also a perfect lip color if you have dramatic eyeshadow colors or match with pink-toned eyeshadow looks.
It's not a matte lipstick and has a slight shine/gloss into it which is okay for me since matte lipsticks often make my lips feel too dry. But you can put face powder on top of it after application if you prefer a matte lip without loosing much of the pigment.

Vaseline Lip Therapy
Price: P107

This isn't a makeup product but I got this from Watsons and this greatly helps moisturize my lips and prep it before I apply lip tint or any lip product.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Price: P145 (125 ml)

Again, this is more of a makeup-related product that can also be bought in the drugstore. I've seen a lot of hype on this product before which urged me to get myself one. What I love about this Micellar Water is that it does not sting which means it can be used in removing eye makeup such as eyeshadows, mascara, and eyeliners without hurting your eyes. With this, you'll never have to buy 2 separate makeup removers for your face and eyes because you'll get both in a single product. And it has a very affordable price!

So here are the drugstore products I often use and love! If you have drug store makeup products that you want to recommend, you can comment it down below or reach me through my social media accounts.

You can get most of these products online through Zalora. Use my code ZBAPT8KZ to get 15% off!

1 comment:

  1. There are several careers in the makeup and fashion industry. There are many opportunities to be a makeup artist and work with celebrities. You can apply your skills as a freelancer for companies and organizations. Get more interesting details about skin care check out this site.

    ReplyDelete

Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Minutiae © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.