Friday, July 22, 2016

National Museum: A Glimpse to History



An ancient building built with huge walls and Greek-like pillars and filled with historical artifacts that contributed to our rich Philippine history--I had the chance to visit the National Museum.



My sister often tells me about how wonderful this museum was. It was only a few steps (sort of) from her school. And one time, I came with her to her school because the next day I'll go back home in La Union.

We were too early to arrive there, too early that she had to wait for almost three hours for her first class to start. Our first plan is: we'll go to SM Manila. It's a very hot day and SM has enough ACs to provide a cool temperature to conquer the heat.

We cancelled the plan and my sister just decided that we should go to the National Museum since I haven't been there yet.
To be honest, I didn't agree at first because (1) it's too hot in Manila to walk, and (2) I thought it's so far from the Manila City Hall when the truth is I'm just too lazy to walk.

YOLO. So I went there with her.
She's been there before so she knew what she's doing, on which way to go...and blah blah blah.

When we got there, my feet is aching due to too much walking (on which for me is not my thing) but all those pain faded away when I finally saw the National Museum. I was flabbergasted. With its big pillars and large walls, my first impression was it looked like the Parthenon in Greece.


When you enter the hall, you have to leave all your bags in the counter. However, you have to carry your gadgets inside for taking pictures.

 The historical SPOLIARIUM by Juan Luna caught my eye. I've been seeing this on textbooks and now that I've seen it up close is unbelievable to me.



The rest of the photos are some of the artifacts and paintings we saw and captured.




This for me, creeps me out (to be honest). But still, a fine piece of art.


This is an unfinished painting of a lady. The painter died before he finished his work.


And yes, I am officially part of the Commonwealth of the Philippines (just kidding).


This room is one of my favorite. It's a really large room I could say. But not only that, it's filled with a "mini" representations of some of the most unique and astonishing buildings ever designed.



I am indeed impressed on how these models are perfectly made with so many mall parts.


#Flatlays101





So here's a short photo diary of my visit in the National Museum. If you haven't had the chance to visit it yet, I recommend you should because it is worth it (plus no entrance fee needed).

If you wish to see the other pictures I took, I made the album public on my Facebook account. Check it out through this link. I had too many pictures and they didn't fit well on this blog post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
Minutiae © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.