Sunday, October 8, 2017

Review: Maybelline BB Fresh Matte Cushion

I'm really into makeup at the moment. And recently, I want to try out the Maybelline  BB Cushion and I'm going to tell you my thought about it and my final verdict.


I've been hearing a lot of good reviews about BB Cushions and how great these products were especially for people who don't want to wear foundation (like me). I've always wanted to try BB Creams because it's more of a moisturizer than a foundation and BB Cusions are very popular especially in South Korea. But, the thing is, they are hella expensive.

First off, the Maybelline BB Fresh Matte Cushion retails for Php 749.00 for 14g of product. It is available in Watsons and SM Department stores. If you prefer online, you can get it in Lazada, Zalora, and Beautymnl. Unfortunately, the product only offers two shades: Natural and Light. I got my shade in 02 Light. It has SPF 29 PA+++ 




(credits to Maybelline PH website)


Before I apply the BB Cushion, I first used these products which are my "pre-makeup products." I haven't tried using a Primer because I haven't found the cheapest and best primer I would probably get so it would be nice to recommend some of your favorite primers on the comment section down below.


First off, the packaging is simple. If you're new in using BB Cushions (like me), there's a little bit of a learning curve into blending the product on your face. I'm used to using a beauty sponge in blending liquid foundations on my face before.


The product blends easily on your skin. Compared to using a beauty sponge, you don't have to wet the applicator anymore which is a plus for me especially when I'm running late for school because I don't have time to wet the applicator and squeeze out the water from it.


One thing to take note of before you decide on getting this product is that it is not full coverage. I know a lot of people prefer full-coverage foundations or BB creams. If you're looking for something like it, this product is not for you. It does cover minimal spots and redness on my face but there is still a bit of redness and dark spots showing through after you apply the product. However, it does even my skin tone.


It is a matte cushion and it really made my oily face less shiny but it did not completely mattify my face which is also an okay for me because I'm not really the type who prefers to remove every bit of shine on my face. Moreover, when I look closer on my nose, my big pores on that area noticeably lessened.

Another thing I noticed is that it gets a little patchy during the day especially on areas of my face like my under-eyes, and sides of my nose. It is not a long-lasting BB Cream and you still have to re-touch from time to time.

It is indeed hydrating and not sticky at all. It feels light on the skin which I really like about this product. I don't feel too dry and in fact it feels like I don't have anything on my face.

However, I greatly recommend this product for an everyday makeup look or if you are the type of person who prefers a natural/no-makeup makeup look. I only use this occasionally when going to school or in times when I want to look fresh instead of looking too stressed.

For me personally, the biggest downside of this product is the shades available. As I said earlier, it only offers two shades on which makes it less suitable for people with darker skin tones. I just hope that Maybelline makes more shades available so that more people are able to use it.

Highly recommend this product not for its price, but because of its quality and its suitability for those who don't like to wear heavy foundations and prefer natural makeup look everyday.



1 comment:

  1. Khám phá ngay siêu phẩm làm đẹp cho chị em với sản phẩm Red Peel dùng cho ai với mức giá vô cùng hấp dẫn được nhập khẩu chính hãng từ Hàn Quốc, chị em nào có thể mua liên hệ Shop Skin Republic Việt Nam nhé, dòng mỹ phẩm ưu ái của nhiều chị em hiện nay!

    ReplyDelete

Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
Minutiae © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.